Phal. violaceas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
DSCN3023_resize.jpg

This one getting better and better every year.

DSCN3022_resize.jpg

A fat violacea:)

DSCN3133_resize.jpg

DSCN3134_resize.jpg

Very soft coloration.

Nice. I have been seriously considering adding a violacea or a bellina to my collection. I have a amboinensis seedling that is struggling because it came with a mealy bug infestation. :( So far I have been able to keep the infestation limited to this one plant. (Is it proper to name the offending supplier on this forum? Should I tell the supplier of the problem? A little help with the edict here please)

I really want to get an orchid with a nice fragrance and I have been leaning towards the bellina but your violacea are really beautiful.

PS. How do you set up so that a quote is always attached to your post. I found a good one the other day that really suit me. :D "A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend"

Thanks in advance Ed

You mean like this! :mad: These spread to and damaged 5-10 plants before I caught them. The plant came from a vendor I buy from often and I know has a history of these problems but if I blow them up here I might get scrod in the long run! :( [I guess I have tyo be more careful!]
P9091621.jpg

Yes, Alcohol and a q-tip time and after you kill all the adults watch the leaves, particularly the underside for the eggs and get them off before they have a chance to hatch.

Chien, thanks for posting, your phals are GORGEOUS!

I just bought a bellina from Jason Fischer. Can't wait! I had several before but now want to try a few phal species again. I had a hard time deciding bellina vs. violacea!

PS. How do you set up so that a quote is always attached to your post. I found a good one the other day that really suit me. :D "A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend"

Thanks in advance Ed

Ed, if you go into User CP up in the menu bar, and then click on "Edit Signature", you can put a your name in and a quote underneath it.

Oh Eric, I bet I know who sold you those plants!!! :poke: Here's a good quote for you: "Once burned shame on you, twice burned shame on me!"

I really want to get an orchid with a nice fragrance and I have been leaning towards the bellina but your violacea are really beautiful.
tetraspis.jpg

DSC00094_resize.jpg

If you want an orchid with a nice fragrance, tetraspis is also a good choice.
Some has elegant fragrance, some has wild fragrance, all smell good!

Thanks all for the help:rollhappy: Now I just have to get me a picture to put at the top.

I have also had Sweet Memory recommended and someone had a post on this forum of a Sweet Memory. It obviously has either bella or violacea in its breeding. Have you had any experience with Sweet Memory? I do not think it is as pretty as your violacea.

Oh Eric, I bet I know who sold you those plants!!! :poke: Here's a good quote for you: "Once burned shame on you, twice burned shame on me!"
Maybe you do and maybe you don't but there are some crosses I still want and here's the important part:
"The plant came from a vendor I buy from often and I know has a history of these problems but if I blow them up here I might get scrod in the long run!:("

Ed, Sweet Memory is a good one. I had one for years. Nicely fragrant and an easy bloomer. Google for photos as there are lot of them on the net.

Maybe you do and maybe you don't but there are some crosses I still want and here's the important part:
"The plant came from a vendor I buy from often and I know has a history of these problems but if I blow them up here I might get scrod in the long run!:("

You make your choices, Eric, but personally, it's not worth infecting a collection to me, and probably others here. Want me to say it? I have nothing to lose!

Latest posts

Back