Phal Valentinii var. Alba.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Another Alba plant! :poke:

Got this one in spike from oakhill about 2 months back and it finally opened up. It's (Phal bellina v. alba x Phal. cornu-cervi v. alba.) I took a whiff this morning and it smelt kind of citrusy. But then again my nose may be playing tricks on me. I'll give it another wiff in the morning.

valentinii1.jpg

valentinii2.jpg

valentinii3.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

We have much work to do Marco. Just did a search for "jessica alba paphiopedilum" and we weren't even mentioned.:(

Jon
________
Mt1

Last edited:
Yea I know right Jon. Maybe she'll have an uncle that named a flower that'll get her addicted to paphs and maybe...just maybe he'll end up on the forum and forwards to jessica then she'll come tumbling in with brook burke covered in oil...:poke:

Sounds like a very far off maybe but hey a man can dream.

Update

Some of you may have seen this picture already. It gets the spotlight from me cause its the only plant I have in bloom. This is an updated picture of the third bloom. What I find pretty cool about it is that the center of the flower has a reddish/pinkish tint when it's newly opened. But after after the flower matures it turns completely yellow with a hint of white on the lip.

Here's a picture angled more towards the new flower with the the reddish center
DSCN1269.jpg

Here's a picture angled more towards the old flower that turned yellow
DSCN1270-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

That's an awesome flower when it first opens, but I'd be disappointed to see the pink fade. Lovely yellow, regardless.

Is it fragrant? I don't remember if you posted that before or not.

Another interesting update picture. This little guy definately keeps my grow table interesting :rollhappy: Maybe it'll self polinate :confused:

Well as for the scent now that I know what a bellina smells like it smells bellinaish.

phalvalentinii110706-0122pm.jpg

phalvalentinii110706-0125pm.jpg

Latest posts

Back