Phal Tzu Chiang Balm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanmark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Phalaenopsis Tzu Chiang Balm from Orchids Limited (orchidweb.com). I received it when it was already in early spike and managed to get the buds and flowers to develop from there. The flowers are about 1.75 inches in diameter (~ 4.4 cm) and give off a delightfully strong, sweet, lemony scent during the first half of the day. This plant is said to be a compact grower with a tendency to throw multiple branching spikes carrying many flowers each. So far, so good... :clap: This seems to be a very robust clone. I don't know whether or not this plant is a clone of the cultivar known as 'C#1' (aka 'Chen#1'), but whatever it is, I really like it a lot!!!

I only wish I had thought to take photos before misting instead of thereafter, but I'm feeling too lazy to do it over again. :rollhappy:
Oct092010078shEO1024x768.jpg

Seems I've lost my talent for making good photographs. Oh well...at least you get an idea of what it looked like this afternoon. This one has a nice, sweet lemony scent starting an hour or two before dawn lasting until early to mid afternoon. Sometimes there's a bit of spice (cinnamon) added into the mix. These flowers last a long time -- several weeks! The flowers do fade a little bit over time but the process is slow and they look nice right to the very end. This is without a doubt my favorite Phal.

TzuChiangBalm2jan2012034_2.jpg

Back