• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phal manii cross for trade

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

Gang, I have another phal I'm looking to get rid of. Though this one I wouldn't mind trading for something, rather than just giving it away. Paphs and phrags are most welcome :) Feel free to post a reply or send me a message.

It's a really nice phal I got from Al's Orchid Exchange probably 3 years ago now. Phal. (Orange County Bounty 'Midas' x manii 'Irene'). It's just blooming for the first time, and has 4 spikes in the air simultaneously, with a total of 14 or so buds. Two of the buds are open already. It's quite pretty, just not my taste in flower.

There is one main plant, and two basal keikis that are both quite large now. It has a total of 17 leaves, with a cute little speckling on them. It's quite healthy, I repotted it a few months ago and the roots were magnificent at the time. The thing is healthy, has always been healthy, no bugs to date, and it's in a 7 inch clay pot, which I'm pretty sure I shouldn't ship it in, because it's rather heavy, but we can chat about that.

Anyway, here are some photos:

Oh, I found the picture from when I repotted it in March. Out of focus, but you get the idea.

Wow, that's a really cool Phal! I'm not that big on Phal hybrids... but man, thats really sharp :)

- Matt

Basal or stem keikis, someone asked and now I see the comment has been removed - okay, now I feel like the guy in Monty Python talking about the sparrows. I shouldn't have spoken so soon - which is which? Aren't stem keikis the ones that grow from spikes? These are right at the base of the plant, but come from the main stem - they started like little spikes but then turned into leaves.

Hmmm...trade plant? Very nice plant. I dont really like Phals but they like me, always reblooming on spent stems. Maybe trade for money?!:D

Hey Eric, if nobody is interested in trading, I'll definitely sell it - I really don't want it. But let me try a bit longer. :)

Hi John, Are you more interested in trading for a paph. or a Phrag.That's a nice looking Phal. I would be interested in finding somthing your interested in. if you could be more specfic.
Ray

Trade

Hi John , got your message but just got in and it's too dark to go poking around looking for plants. Let me see If I can come up with somthing tommorow that would interest you.Meanwhile if somthing good comes along I understand. Thanks for the reply
Ray

The plant is gone.

The plant is traded. Thanks for the interest, gang - sorry to have dragged this out a few days, and thanks again for the offers :)

Latest posts

Back