Phal. Mambo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Here's my Phal. Mambo that's blooming. I've let most of my phals go and have only kept a few since I have to grow them inside. And since I focus much more time on my g.h. plants they tend to be neglected. They don't do well in my high light g.h. I believe this is a primary hybrid and it's growing in semi hydro on 2 spikes with a 3rd spike forming.

Mambo.jpg

That's a fabulous Phal, looks pretty floriferous. I too am more of a fan of Phal species and primaries.

That's awesome! Phal. primaries and species such as this rock, if you ask me!

I have to admit I also enjoy some of the harlequins and other imports that have been on the market over the years. I don't buy them anymore though, since so many are reported to be ridden with virus.

My mom has some import (unnamed of course) that was staked really perfectly and has just wonderful form - all the sepal petals just about overlap each other on the dorsal - flat, round magenta flowers. Every time I walk by it I curse myself for not bringing it to the NH show. Course, she'll never bloom it again...we're sort of a blooming Phal. vortex here...(and she just bought a mini catt?! Krazy!)

That's a wonderful plant! I haven't got very many Phals for some reason...must re-think that. Curse this forum for making me want too many orchids - where the heck am I gonna put them all? :rollhappy:

I generally don't appreciate mannii as a parent, but this is charming!

-Steve Jobs (Ernie)

That's awesome! Phal. primaries and species such as this rock, if you ask me!

Word!

This is a beauty, Candace. My mannii's first flower of the year opened yesterday, and I began sniffing it this morning, but no way am I posting a photo of mine after this! It definitely has that "best of both parents" look about it. (The only reason I've started sticking to species is I have to limit myself somehow.)

Candace,

I agree with everyone! This is one great mannii! And a great pic! Would you mind if I linked this page to a post in Peter Lin's Phal forum? They really would love to see this and probably do not venture to this site very often... although they should :).

Suss, you can link to this or copy the photo to your desktop and then submit to the phal forum. Whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks for all the comments.

It's not as though I'm hardline about it. There are primaries and second generation parvi hybrids I can't resist, but I'm interested in growing (as opposed to admiring) a relatively small number of genera so it helps a little!

Oh! I'm glad I stumbled into this thread again! I was been rhetorical, really!

Personally, I have a soft spot for primaries....

Latest posts

Back