Phal lueddemanniana 'Dark Tiger'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I traded for this and a few other plants a number of years ago with fellow STOS Orchid Society member Luis Matienzo. It finally got to size and every so often will put out some nice and nicely fragrant flowers. Many of my plants have been very neglected this spring/summer because of work, weather and circumstances, but this one is showing it's mettle by flowering despite adversity

pluedddt912a.JPG

whole plant

pluedddt912b.JPG

flower closeup

pluedddt912c.JPG

side view; note the 'trichomes' (hairs/filaments) on the lip

That's a cool flower Charles. Reminds me of a leud clone that I have labeled "var. luzon"(but with better form).

Great closeup pics too.

thanks. it's in a form of semi-hydro, where the pellets aren't uniformly round. I don't remember which brand name it was (I think it came from Ray).

it usually has lots of keikis, and hopefully when I have time here in a few weeks with our seasonal layoff from work, can get things rolling again and plants should be happier. I'm sure there are tons of things that you have, Dot that would be interesting to me! :rollhappy:

thanks. it's in a form of semi-hydro, where the pellets aren't uniformly round. I don't remember which brand name it was (I think it came from Ray).

it usually has lots of keikis, and hopefully when I have time here in a few weeks with our seasonal layoff from work, can get things rolling again and plants should be happier. I'm sure there are tons of things that you have, Dot that would be interesting to me! :rollhappy:

I have a darker form with several keikis -- I'll post a photo.

Latest posts

Back