Phal. Linda Cheok (mannii x equestris)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
A little premiere bloomer here again. :D I was surprised that this little guy put out a spike when I got it from Schwerter. It's a young and small plant with only three leaves (it might have had four when it arrived though), and the root system wasn't the best. It has started working on new roots (like a good little Phal) and is now blooming too.

The flower is much smaller than I expected too, almost as small as on my equestris var. rosea! I don't know if they usually are that small, or if it's the lower light levels that has caused it. Whatever it is, I LOVE it! So small and cute! :D

Enjoy my rather crappy pictures of it! :

252038.orig.jpg

252039.orig.jpg

And here it's together with my equestris rosea so you can see how small the flower is:
252000.orig.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Unfortunately, an idiot was in front of the screen when editing the pictures in the software, so the colours got too saturated. I've fixed the problem so it doesn't look as awesome anymore, but more as it actually does look like IRL. :p

i believe there was one up for auction at our members auction last weekend. i've never kept a mannii alive to flowering so i didn't touch it (besides it was a hybrid (tongue sticking out)

it looks nice

Thanks guys! It's a real cutie and I love the pattern on the petals/sepals andthe fact that the flowers are so small. :D

I want it too. That one would make a lovely addition to my equestris collection. I like those small, delicate blooms.
I love equestris as well and I think most of my Phalaenopsis collection consists of equestris and equestris primary- and more complex equestris hybrids (can't have enough of them). :rollhappy:

It was a bit of a shot in the dark, when I purchased this 'cause I've seen many different versions of Linda Cheok, and I wanted one where equestris was dominant shape-wise. I was apparently lucky. :D

I should be so lucky! Someday when I stop being so lazy, I'd like to show
you my VERY blue equestris crosses from Sapphire Dragon. You'll drool,
I promise. If I had your email addy, I could email you a couple of photos.
:>)

Latest posts

Back