Phal Guadallupe Pineda

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last weekend I went to Florida to attend the International Slipper Symposium that was combined with an AOS event. I pre-ordered from Mainshow Orchids and also bought a few other things.I purchased a large bellina in bloom. I can't post photos of that one as the couple of flowers are already fading. The bellina was about a 14 inch leaf span. I also bought this Guadalupe Pineda (Phal. amboinensis 'Nashville' AM/AOS x bellina 'Orchid Classic') in full bloom. This is a monster with about an 18 inch leaf span. It has on spike in flower and another 5 spikes not in flower. My only thoughts where how will I fit this into my half empty suitcase without destroying it. I came prepared with newspaper and tape and cotton so it worked out just fine. Naturally, these were bought from Frank Smith, who received about a dozen AOS awards. I however, didn't have time to go over to his greenhouses in the morning but did have someone pick up and bring home another phal. for me. I'll post a photo of that once I receive the plant and if it's still in bloom.

Last edited:
Back