phal fimbriata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this plant is flowering for the second time for me, i think. i also believe i got this one from dwayne lowder at dowery orchids in virginia. he has excellent phal and a few other species. this plant should have a lot more than two flowers, but it can take quite bright light and needs some more (including more fertilizer). i have it potted in a clear aircone-ish pot in aliflor. i read that it likes to have heavy water and sharp drainage, so i guessed that it would like non-S/H pellet culture and it has worked well. phal floresensis likes this treatment as well.

pfimbriata.JPG

i tried pollinating one flower with phal maculata pollen (it failed) which I think would have been a great hybrid, and tried the other with phal braceana pollen (it is growing :D ). think this would be a great hybrid as well!

can't remember if it has a fragrance....

Last edited:
I'm using aliflor, but it's in an aircone pot with no water reservoir. it might do well with s/h, but since I had read that it liked to drain sharply didn't think at the time that it would appreciate it very much. I have two psychopsis that are also in aliflor/aircone pots and they seem to like it quite a bit as well

Interesting. Thanks. I'm growing my Phals in diatomite, like you are in alifor. They seem to love it. I've had no root problems with any of my Phals since switching to diatomite.

Latest posts

Back