Phal doweryensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So rare to see! Thanks for posting.

I can see similarities between this species and gigantea, not just the flower but leaf shape and flowering habits. Minus the giant status lol.

Thanks for sharing. Fragrant?
Yes it has a scent, but hard to describe...

I like the subdued color combination. How do you grow this Phal.?
I don't do anything special. Its originated to Borneo, Sabah. So I try to grow them as warm as possibile. In summer its no problem, but during winter they get max 20C, when there is no sunshine. So they grow much slower over winter period. I have them all potted in bark. Over summer lots of water and fertilizar.

So rare to see! Thanks for posting.

I can see similarities between this species and gigantea, not just the flower but leaf shape and flowering habits. Minus the giant status lol.

I saw wild collected plants which leafes about 60cm in lenght. So they can also keep up with gigas in size! ;)

Yes it has a scent, but hard to describe...

I don't do anything special. Its originated to Borneo, Sabah. So I try to grow them as warm as possibile. In summer its no problem, but during winter they get max 20C, when there is no sunshine. So they grow much slower over winter period. I have them all potted in bark. Over summer lots of water and fertilizar.

I saw wild collected plants which leafes about 60cm in lenght. So they can also keep up with gigas in size! ;)
Whoah, 60 cm!!! I stand corrected lol.
I hope you have space for these guys!

Latest posts

Back