Phal chibae and phal stuartiana var nobilis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This flower is less than an inch in size, and is tiny for a phal. The real color isn't quite as yellow as this but I wanted to increase the contrast so that you could see the colors through the flash reflection. I got this very small plant last summer and it already has three flower spikes on it (first flowering).

chibae1.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a golden yellow variety of the normally white with red spots phal stuartiana

pstuartnob.JPG

the flowers aren't perfect but it's a rare color variety and I like it quite a bit. maybe they'll get better in time

OOOOOOO:clap:

I like them both quite a bit too. Especially the stuartiana. Let me know if it ever keikis for you.

I will. I got it from Dowery Orchids and he has listed it again since then but it isn't on his newest list. You could contact him though to see if any are lurking around or in future orders. I tried pollinating it last flowering but didn't set a pod

That's an amazing stuartiana. Very unlike mine in color, which means I must have the more common type. I like the yellow.

I will. I got it from Dowery Orchids and he has listed it again since then but it isn't on his newest list. You could contact him though to see if any are lurking around or in future orders. I tried pollinating it last flowering but didn't set a pod

BTW have you ever tried Keiki Pro? I use it allot in my general fertilizer mix. I think its doing a great job for my entire collection.

There should be a website for this product if you are interested.

BTW have you ever tried Keiki Pro? I use it allot in my general fertilizer mix. I think its doing a great job for my entire collection.

Rick, can you elaborate on this? I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear how it works from someone other than people who work for the company...

ditto, I've heard of it but haven't seen it for sale or seen any plants in person that it's been used on.

on another note, if someone used these hormones on their plant, and it exploded in size and tons of flowers would their plant be elegible or not for a cultural award?

ditto, I've heard of it but haven't seen it for sale or seen any plants in person that it's been used on.

on another note, if someone used these hormones on their plant, and it exploded in size and tons of flowers would their plant be elegible or not for a cultural award?

People use stuff like this all the time. Superthrive has been around for years, and lots of people play with it. I've been to judging centers and listened to allot of conversations about huge mega floral plants. The question of hormone use never comes up, and all the judges know of the existence and use of these products (if they are not using them already). Actually hormones themselves can't produce good plants without good sound culture to back them up. They don't provide nutrition, light, warmth, and humidity, just triggers to grow and bloom and divide.

Latest posts

Back