Phal Brother Sara Gold

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Phalnoid.jpg

Wow, that looks like it has a gold 'shimmer' to it. I have no jproblem growing Phals but they take up so much room I have to be selective about which ones I get. One I got at the GNYOS 2007 is on it's last bloom from the show!

Ron - question, how seasonal is this for a bloomer? I am looking for Phal hybrids that bloom on & off all year round.
Leo

Leo, I am not a big Phal grower. I do know that most Phals are either spring or summer bloomers. Some, such as this one has a tendency to continue blooming off of the spike from either extension of the spike of branching or both. I am not sure about this one. The spike was broken and the current bloom is a side spike from a node left on the spike.

Phal Mystic Golden Leopard 'Cheetah' will continue to extend the inflorescence and side spike for a long bloom season. I have found that if I don't cut the spike by the end of Aug the energy to continue blooming might inhibit the development of another spike come spring.

PhalMysticGoldenLeopard.jpg

Back