Pet megathread?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One wants to capture all the cute and distinct habits a pet has while one can, but you did get some great ones (no surprise). The melon ones made me smile especially of course--it's so funny what they decide to have a taste for!

I was cleaning off the car and walkway after our most recent snowfall and had a face staring at me through the window. So, I took Willow out on her leash (she's mostly an indoor kitty). And, she jumped right into the snow!! What a goof ball.

winterwillow2ll2.jpg

winterwillow5zx5.jpg

winterwillow3ug9.jpg

winterwillow4fw6.jpg

Here's a photo of my cockatiel climbing up a catt a year ago with my old camera. My have tossed this Blc. now b/c of the repeated color breaks in the blooms. Time to get new colour for the walls! the previous house owner was obsessed with pink.
untitled2.jpg

I had more birds in the past

Okay. Here's my little girl. she's a mini Aust shephard. about 25 lbs. Name is Tess and she's an FCC.

I have to admit that I don't have a pet at the moment. But we are buying a house soon and we are considering a couple of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.......anyone have experience with these?

Nope, but my mom thinks a CKS will be her next - I have some concerns. We've had Springer's forever. They're bigger and we have tended to have small ones, but Cavaliers are quite a bit smaller and I worry that she'll have issues bending down to pet one because of that - she has spinal stenosis, so that is an issue.

We've heard the best ones come from England.... cuties, for sure. If mom gets one I think we want a tri-color. :)

I was cleaning off the car and walkway after our most recent snowfall and had a face staring at me through the window. So, I took Willow out on her leash (she's mostly an indoor kitty). And, she jumped right into the snow!! What a goof ball.

Looks like Willow has finally grown into her eyes!

The kitty-on-a-leash is too cute. I tried with that. One is too imperious for it, the other too pathetic. Incidentally, Vlad, the pathetically-needy one, has been at the regular cat vet and then the emergency one for the past several nights with all forms of tubes in him after relief from a urinary tract obstruction. I'm exhausted, I miss my kitty and I'm broke now; he will only be turning five this year though, so there was no other responsible choice, though I'd gladly have been as irresponsible as possible to keep him around if he'd have had a good quality of life even at an old age. One has to think about whether it's for you or for your pet, and this was definitely for both of us considering his overall health and age.

He's coming home in a couple of hours--I'm very excited! Trying to concentrate on my painting, but it isn't easy. Usually I have him under my drawing board as I work, occasionally coming out to yell at me. It's been too quiet these last few days.

Hello,

Does anyone seen or experienced a Main Koon cat (correct the spelling if necesssary)? Are they so big in size as described? They are very beautiful and seem very strong... :D

Nope, but my mom thinks a CKS will be her next - I have some concerns. We've had Springer's forever. They're bigger and we have tended to have small ones, but Cavaliers are quite a bit smaller and I worry that she'll have issues bending down to pet one because of that - she has spinal stenosis, so that is an issue.

We've heard the best ones come from England.... cuties, for sure. If mom gets one I think we want a tri-color. :)

My mother bred CKCS when I was growing up and still has a litter every now and again. We have plenty of good ones in the states too. ;) Very cute, very sweet. If you have kids, then in general males are better- they are more social. For retirees and more quiet households, then girls typically mesh better. There are always exceptions but I think male cavaliers act a little different than what many people are used to expecting through their experience with other breeds of dogs.

And I can't stress this enough- please make sure both the parents had their hearts, hips and eyes checked and ask how old the grandparents /great-parents are or how old they were when they died. A good breeder should be able to recite the parentage out to at least the grandparents and their health history off the top of their heads even if they don't own the dog(father). Cavaliers are particularly susceptible to heart problems and you have to do a little work to make sure that the breeders are responsible. The popularity of the breed has soared in the last decade or so and there are a lot of people out there that do not know what they are doing.

If your mother shouldn't be bending down, then the dog will have to learn to jump in her lap :)

My favorite of ours was a black and tan named Beemer so I've already had a soft spot for b/t since then.

Kelly

Latest posts

Back