Pet megathread?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
I thought we had one already. Anyway, I'll start.

giayardyx1.jpg

My brother's dog Giada. However, she's mine for two more weeks!

Here's my contribution - 3 generations!
Midge 10 1/2yrs. old

her daughter Spring 5yrs

Spring's daughter Raz 2yrs.

Any question as to why I'm goldenrose?!

Heres my litle bundle of joy

Ducle_Christmas.jpg

I 'got' her when I was living in inving in Ecuador, she was found by the river that flows behind Ecuagenera. She was tied to a tree and left to die. There happened to be a vet at Ecuagenera from the US, a AOS judge as well. She said she was hours from death and gave me tips to nurse her back to health.

She had worm and fleas. She couldn't stand up without passing out. Her teeth are worn down from eating rocks. I was quite fortunate to get a lot of help from the staff (most of them) and from Magali and Pepes wife. With out them I would never had been able to get the dog to the vet.

Here are the before and after pics:

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0116.jpg

Heres an after picture. You can see the raw patch that has never grown in from where the rope was tied around her neck when we found her.

DSC00991.jpg

So, I left Ecuador for the first time in April 2006. I could not bring her back with me because it was to cold to ship animals to Canada at that time. In June I got an email from Pepe telling me she was pregnant. 9 puppies came came in July. I went to Ecuador in October 2006 and got to see her and her puppies all grown up. She was healthy and happy, so I left without her. I gave Ecuagenera some money to get her spayed. They got her 2 sterilization shots.

Here she is with one of her puppies:

DSC00993.jpg

In January I got news that she was pregnant again. This time 10 puppies. It appeared that she was destined to have puppies until she died.

So, in April 2007 I had to go to Ecuador. This time I returned to Canada on May 2nd. May 1st is the magic day that Air Canada will ship animals. I made the arrangements to bring her with me. It wasn't easy (16 hour layover in houston) and it diffenatly wasn't cheap. But she here, shes healthy, shes spayed and most of all shes happy.

Kyle

Kyle
What a heart warming story. She was one lucky dog to be saved and loved so much. What did you name her?

Rose
Your dogs are beautiful. I have a tender spot in my heart for Goldens.

Hi Rose,

She goes by Roxy, now. In Ecuador, they called her Dulce, but it was difficult for people to pronunce once she came to Canada, so we changed it to something we liked better.

Kyle

This is Jimmer..................he's 11..........
and this is Norkel....she's 3...............

I don't name my cats...Jimmer was the name of my youngest son's imaginary friend when he was 2years old....which was when we got Jimmer. Norkel was the name of my older son's made up character (...yeah...he was 19 at the time....still had imaginary friends....)....so, its only appropriate I guess. Better than any names I could give them....when I was in grad school, I named my pet toads Fred and Ethel. When Fred died, I got another one...and it was Julius and Ethel. (Good taste is not one of my finer points...................). When Julius died (of course he pre-deceased Ethel.......) it was time to add some more....Natalie Barney, Radclyffe Hall, and Djuna Barnes..............Its amazing I could stay married and raise a family.....................................................

Not anymore......the matriarch of all my snakes was named Isadore Ducasse....despite being female.....or, rather, despite my ignorance at the time I named her......I do have a pair of Russian tortoises, named Uzbek and Mrs. Uzbek....................Take care, Eric

Kyle, nice boxer! Here's a picture of mine. I bought him in Costa Rica, and even though I really didn't save him, I'd like to think I did from someone else buying him. They really don't treat most dogs very well in Costa Rica.

duke-1.jpg

They really have a different standard for there treatment of animals in latin america. Of course there are exceptions. Nice looking dog.

Kyle

Kyle, you're right about that. As much as I love it down there, thats one thing I totally disagree with. Most people (not all, by any means) buy a dog, tie it to a tree and there it stays for the rest of its life, and then it attacks someone and no one knows why. My mother-in-law never understood why I let the dog inside the house, let alone even near the bed. It's funny though, she almost shat when I showed her a picture of my wife sleeping with Duke on one side of her and a little dachshund curled up on the other side.

That's pretty darn funny! :) My black labrador is my personal dog warmer for my lap when I am on the couch. I wonder what they would think of that!

I have two bunnies, oreo who looks just like an oreo cookie black with white in the middle, and stella who is brown with white on her head and paw.

And official as of today my appaloosa horse is now retired to pasture. She is completely white with black splotches on her skin.

Bluefirepegasus

Latest posts

Back