Pest ID please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

Anyone know what this one is? I have seen them in a few of my paph pots. They are slow-moving and I normally find them on top of the media in the morning when the lamps turn on. As a biologist who studied entomology, I'm embarrassed to say it looks "millipede-ish." I believe their presence has led to the decline in a few of the plant roots, although that may be coincidence, I don't know.

unknownpest1nu7.jpg

Here's a close-up.

unknownpestzoomgi3.jpg

I don't know what it is but I've gotten them too, along with the more classic millipedes. As soon as the millipedes start to show I take it as an indicator that I need to change my medium. Let us know if you find out what it is.

Is anyone else more concerned about the yellow globs to left & upper right of the legged creature?

Is anyone else more concerned about the yellow globs to left & upper right of the legged creature?

That's just bits of sphag. The media in this particular pot is close to needing to be replaced, and I will, but I figure I'd see if anyone knew what this pest is.

Latest posts

Back