Peruvian orchid party (with ID requests)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
These were found in the eastern Andes along the Inca Trail. I welcome any ideas about identity!

Aa sp.

Aa sp. (I think this is the same as the previous species, but I don't know for sure)

Pterichis leucoptera (I think)

Pterichis silvestris (I think)

And I close with Masdevallia veitchiana, which I finally found after sundown in the rain on our final night on the Inca Trail.

Forgot to add a few photos from the Tambopata River area.

Habenaria sp. (growing as an emergent at the margin of an oxbow lake)

Potentially Microchilus (hey Lance?) but definitely within the Goodyerinae. Growing in terra firme in deep shade.

Detail of above species. I was a few days too early. Perhaps the vivid red sepal tips are diagnostic?

Potentially Microchilus (hey Lance?) but definitely within the Goodyerinae. Growing in terra firme in deep shade.

Detail of above species. I was a few days too early. Perhaps the vivid red sepal tips are diagnostic?

Yes it likely is a Microchilus sp. (changed from Erythrodes).

I don't recall seeing this species with the red tipped flowers. I've probably seen 5 or 6 different foliage types but not seen them all flower. Yours seem to have wider leaves than most but similar variegated pattern.

Great photos, thanks for posting. Nice to see things in situ even without positive ID.

I think I can narrow one down. "No idea. An Encyclia?" is probably correct as far as it goes. It appears to be Pollardia (former Encyclia, current Prosthechea). Whichever classification you prefer, but Pollardia gives a much smaller mob to contest with before you confront the whole Encyclia/Prosthechea horde.

Latest posts

Back