Peruvian Orchid Club Monthly Bulletin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I received the first English magazine via e-mail and it's full of phrag photos and articles. 34 pages of photos to be exact. Here is their website www.peruorchids.org This issue was sent to me free as a trial, I suppose. If they don't have it available for download on their website, I'd be happy to forward it on to you. Annual subscriptions to the organization can be paid via paypal.

"Hello

Please allow us to introduce you to Orquidea, the Peruvian Orchid Club Digital Bulletin. Peru is home to over 3000 orchid species distributed in 224 genera and every year new orchid discoveries are being made. Only this year 9 new species of Maxillaria and ten new species of the spectacular miniature genus Telipogon have been registered. Amazing species have been found in Peru like Phragmipedium bessae in 1981 and most recently, Phragmipedium kovachii in 2002. The Peruvian Orchid Club has been publishing Orquidea in Spanish since August 2008 and since August 2009 is publishing Orquidea also in English. The cost of the annual subscription of twelve issues is US$ 30 with which we hope to keep our friends around the world informed about the enormous diversity of Peruvian Orchids. Your collaboration will help maintain the conservation work, investigation and diffusion carried out by the Peruvian Orchid Club, a nonprofit organization based in Lima, Peru and makes you automatically a virtual member of our organization. If you are interested in subscribing to our bulletin you can do it online using PayPal through this link: http://www.florideaperu.com/club_orquideas.html."

If you want me to forward on the magazine be sure to send me your e-mail address.

I guess it's not available for download off their website. So, PM me with your e-mail address. I agree Jean, although I've only received the newest(phrag) addition, it's great.

Thanks Candace! Photos are excellent, as well as culture tips. I'd love some back issues!
Did you request in English or when they appeal on an international level, translate is always an option?

It says this is their first English one. Since I only speak English I wouldn't be interested in subscribing. I didn't request it, I just received the e-mail. I'm not sure if they "found" me or if I'm on a list somewhere. I don't know anything about the organization, just passing on the info.

I was able to download both the August and September English versions.

You just need to click on the words "English Version" in the upper righthand corner of the webpage and it takes you to another page with down loadable links.

Joanne beat me to it -- you can always download the English version. But it doesn't cost much to subscribe, and the $ goes to help a great cause -- preservation of all those gorgeous Peruvian orchids.

Back