Peruflora Pk flask fiasco

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greenthings said:
Post #51 in this thread
Peter

Yeah, that is the question i asked But why did I ask it?
I think I was wondering if the kovachii seed pods were hybrids rather than species how that would enter into the time tables being argued about.
But it does not sound like it would be a factor, or would it?

gonewild said:
Yeah, that is the question i asked But why did I ask it?
I think I was wondering if the kovachii seed pods were hybrids rather than species how that would enter into the time tables being argued about.
But it does not sound like it would be a factor, or would it?

Lance, just read all the posts in this thread again. The answer to your question is in there, I am convinced.

peter.

I got it from your post

gonewild said:
An interesting note about kovachii flowers.....
Glen told me in reality most of the flowers on all the plants are basically the same and most of the color variations are very slight at most.
Which is what I would expect.

Different lighting at the time a photo is made will completely change the color of the flowers. It is very unusual and interesting the color variations Peruflora's 5 plants represent.

Lee Moore, INRENA licensed PK propagator number 3, has stated that those color variations of Peruflora's 5 plants are in fact the color changes one flower goes through from opening to dying.
Alfredo Manrique, when I asked him has confirmed it to me. I believe they said each flowers start out as dark purple and ends up as light pink. I do not remember the sequence and could be wrong, it may be L to D
peter

Ron-NY said:
I had misquoted info at that time. Glen, I believe, had seen a picture or heard info of a report of an alba. I have heard nothing more on that but will inquire to if any more have been heard of it.

Thanks Ron. It would be great if that rumour turned out to be true. I hope so! I hope that those genes get into the Phrag. breeding programs of people like Chuck, Glen and Jerry. 7 inch pure white slipper flowers would be awesome!

Back