permission for use of material

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grigoris

Reaction score
Dear all,

My name is Grigoris, I am a visual artist and I am currently living in Amsterdam, NL (I am Greek, but studied in NL and remained here). Before I say anything concerning my request, I will say a few things about my relation to orchids: although I would always have some plants in my house/studio, it has not been until the last two years that I truly gotten into growing, by learning more about them and of course getting addicted to acquiring/ordering new ones. Paphs are the reason I started cultivating and truthfully, although I love other genera (as well as other families of plants), they will always be special to me. I have around 18 Paphs (all species), and my latest acquisition is Paph. sangii (for which I will have to wait two years for its blooms). In the near future I do promise some pics of my plants and the way I grow them :)

Eventually however, the mere cultivation and enthusiasm/interest gave birth to ideas for a series of artworks, a project with which I will be occupied for the next two years at least. One of my ongoing works is based on the gathering of material found on various orchid forums, namely pics of the plants and the dialogues of the members concerning cultivation and tips, as well as other features that will suit my goal. To further clarify, it is not persons that interest me but rather locations, different climate conditions etc. For that reason I would like to kindly ask for your permission and use any material of the nature mentioned above. As I was informed that I will need to contact each member separately (given that I have used material that concerns him/her), this is something that I will certainly do once the final selection has been done. Thus, this is merely a general intro of me and my project, so as to see how the members of the forum would receive it. The final product will be an interactive digital essay, which will be open to everyone and therefore, once finished, I will gladly post the link on the forum and certainly receive your feedback.

Thank you very much for reading this and feel free to comment (and encourage of course :) )

Regards,

Grigoris

Welcome to Slippertalk, Grigoris. Good luck on your project. I do concur that it is important to contact each person for permission to publish information given here.

Thank you all for your replies and until further notification/post!

Greetings,

G

Latest posts

Back