PEOY's

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
I went off the deep end and bought four PEOY's from Dale at Austin Creek

I have never had a blooming PEOY...now I have four in bud

40697403571_b83643e505_b.jpg

I had one flowered last year with three blooms. To my mind they are the most beautiful of all the multifloral hybrids. Youd did great buying four... I hope they all turn out as you would like them to.
Ed

Yeah, the plants are beautiful too..good ole Hawaiian growing...I hope to have at least one award quality plant

I have never bloomed a PEOY! I have grown several over the years. Have one seedling now, maybe in another 10 years it will flower :eek:

I have never bloomed a PEOY! I have grown several over the years. Have one seedling now, maybe in another 10 years it will flower :eek:

sounds like me, even had one of those mislabeled sandy's from Orchid Zone (that was a PEOY) that I never got to bloom. I have ten large seedlings and a BS plant now...but I cant wait anymore...life is short..so I went overboard

One of the PEOYS has potential as an award and compares really well to other awarded plants. At judging now, don’t expect an award because it’s a first bloom and the petal length is only 28 cm ... but we will see

I will post the award photo when I get it. I got a 78 point HCC.. and they said it will most assuredly develop into an AM

Thanks, the picture really doesn't do it justice. The judges were very tentative about scoring it because the third flower wasn't opened and they didnt think the petals had terminated their elongation. But they said that it looked nicer than a lot of awarded flowers even as is..so they just went for it

Latest posts

Back