PEOY 'Sublime Botanical Noodliness' 2020

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping this one was made with roth x sanderianum alba....oh well, maybe next time

In the utmost western part of Denmark, West Jutland, from whence I, long time ago, escaped, there is a saying:

Those who want everything they see,
alas, they may cry, where others jump with glee!

In the vernacular:

De, der vil have alt, hvad de ser,
ak, de må græde, hvor andre de ler!

Anthony is by far one of the best growers I know and likely the most critical person when it comes to flower quality. This is NOT criticism, this is something we should all strive for, never content and always striving for better. Calling him a dear friend and asking for his advice has made me an infinitely better grower and hybridizer.

tyler

Anthony is by far one of the best growers I know and likely the most critical person when it comes to flower quality. This is NOT criticism, this is something we should all strive for, never content and always striving for better. Calling him a dear friend and asking for his advice has made me an infinitely better grower and hybridizer.

High praise, indeed, Tony, and well deserved. Of that you can be very proud - and thankfully are!

I hope my earlier comment wasn't interpreted as too critical in a personal manner? :confused: I only meant to say, that, while striving for sublime perfection or waiting for it to appear, maybe one could along the way also allow one self to enjoy the felicities of the only slightly, if at all imperfect!

That said, I know the feeling of hoping for something in a long awaited flowering, that turns out to be not exactly that, which I hoped for. Even if others consider the flowering great, it's a bit difficult to let go of that small disappointment in the back of your head. And having hoped for the alba version - or an improvement in flower count....well, there you are.... It did spectacularily improve in dorsal width and other measures of size, though, or did I get that wrong?

If you, by the way, with the alba version mean the one containing P. rothschildianum fma. aureum, I'm pretty sure, that we are a lot of people, waiting with you! :D

Latest posts

Back