PEOY 'Sublime Botanical Noodliness' 2020

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
Terrible blooming; the weather is just ridiculous this Spring in PA, which is making humidity swing wildly. Nevertheless, it did improve some.
Natural Spread is 10 x 37.8cm, Petals 1.5 x 35cm, Dorsal width 5.1cm unflattened, synsepal width 4.6cm unflattened.
Surprising that the dorsal grew by so much (4.4cm last time), but the petal width didn't grow at all. Sadly, there will be no pro pic this year because I can't get to Sanjay's house. Oh well, *gets the scissors*.
20200512_123028_edited.jpeg 20200512_123205_edited.jpeg

I think 5 flowers with a wide dorsal is not terrible at all. Last two PEOY awards had 3.5 cm wide dorsals and around 1.7 cm wide petals, both with 4 flowers. How long were the petals here? It was 31 cm for these two.

As for pictures, you can create a new studio at home! New project for the pandemic period!

I think 5 flowers with a wide dorsal is not terrible at all. Last two PEOY awards had 3.5 cm wide dorsals and around 1.7 cm wide petals, both with 4 flowers. How long were the petals here? It was 31 cm for these two.

As for pictures, you can create a new studio at home! New project for the pandemic period!

Petal length is 35cm when measured over the shoulder and down like I was taught to do before I decided judging wasn't for me.
I cut the spike today. No point in wasting the plant's energy.

@tnyr5 i really agree you should give up on that one...

i believe i live pretty close to you... and could make room for your 'trash'... :)

You can't get anymore then a FCC. The only improvement I see is CCM and that takes time. That's on you not the plant.

Latest posts

Back