Peloric Paphiopedilum Arete

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramadayapati

Reaction score
I bought the flask from a grower in Malaysia back in 2011 as a primary hybrid between Paph. spicerianum x Paph. concolor (= Paph. Arete). Some seedlings looks crimped on their shoots and producing very unstable ugly flower. This photo below is the fifth clone blooming and has the worst mutation on Paphs, peloric! Eventually the expression may caused by the undesired environmental condition since it grow on a lowland tropical condition of polluted Jakarta but definitely the presence is genetic. Maybe too much plantlet multiplication or hormones during protocorn stage. Who knows...

Attachments

• 1897957_10152346726808843_7484544596278622558_n.jpg
    1897957_10152346726808843_7484544596278622558_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 115
That's just not pretty. It might be good to mark this thread for the next time someone complains about an ugly Paph in their collection. They can feel better when they see this.

I like Paph. rothschildianum var. elephant :)

rothelephant.JPG

Peloric do not always repeat, so re blooming may have a different result. I have a Lady Roths that tends to throw a peloric bloom every few bloomings, but on the normal bloomings in between she is an absolute stunner!
That roths looks more like a bulbo!

I bought the flask from a grower in Malaysia back in 2011 as a primary hybrid between Paph. spicerianum x Paph. concolor (= Paph. Arete). Some seedlings looks crimped on their shoots and producing very unstable ugly flower. This photo below is the fifth clone blooming and has the worst mutation on Paphs, peloric! Eventually the expression may caused by the undesired environmental condition since it grow on a lowland tropical condition of polluted Jakarta but definitely the presence is genetic. Maybe too much plantlet multiplication or hormones during protocorn stage. Who knows...

It is unique to say the least.

I like Paph. rothschildianum var. elephant :)

rothelephant.JPG

I think I like this one. So where the synsepal is supposed to be does it resemble petal like the dorsal does?

Ted

Latest posts

Back