Peloric Cymbidiums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of cymbidiums, however knowing my pension for the rare and unusual, my lovely mother got me some pelorics for an early birthday present. I have plenty of room in my heart to love these :smitten:

birthdayorchids010.jpg

Cym. Vidar 'Harlequin'

birthdayorchids016.jpg

Cym. Strawberry Beauty

The entire plant has even and regular variegation but only the left side of the plant produces peloric flowers i.e. Cym. Strawberry Beauty 'Flash', the right side are the normal flowers (more spikes to come). I'll be interested in seeing what it does in the future.

WOW, I like Cyms but don't have the room for many of them. That Cym. Vidar 'Harlequin' is a stunner though. I may have to locate one and make room :drool:

What a great mom you have!

Yeah, in this aspect I totally agree... Mine always moans when a new plant shows up and she bought me one phalaenopsis only once... :( I am optimistic and hope she will do it again one day... :D

Very beautiful both of them...

I think the Cym could be grown outdoors for part of the year and I could find space in front of a west slider door at home for it's wintering. I want to build a case, at home, for Pleuros and a few other species. I can be creative on creating room. I just hung a big part of my collection because I couldn't take up bench space that is needed by the owner of the greenhouse. This has been a winter project and I have expanded it more since this picture was taken. These are part of my Bulbos that are now hanging and the rest are now hung along this wall with all my Coelogyne species and Dendrochillum species and phal species. I know I am a bit crazed...I hit over the 150 species mark with Bulbos this year. I have 4 new species arriving this week.

P1090033_edited.jpg

Ron, why would you want to build a case for the pleuros? I think that unless you don't use artificial lights it might trap more warm air and pose problems.

Latest posts

Back