Peione formosana - early bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticshaun

Reaction score
Pleione formosana - early bud

These are just 2 weeks out the the fridge (I couldn't wait any more) and are on a cool windowsill (it's -45 degees Celsius outside). This is the first year that I placed the bulbs in the fridge and I wish I had last year because I froze several bulbs and bulbils. I'll keep these fairly dry until after flowering. These will grow under my lights until June when they can spend the summer (all 3 weeks of it) outside in my garden. I will be collecting a few more Pleione hybrids as the flowers are very pretty if not very long lasting.

IMG_0388.jpg

Shaun

Last edited:
Fren do you refridgerate your bulbs during dormancy? I've tried all my windowsills and cold storage areas but I couldn't maintain consistently cool temps (without the possibilty of freezing) for long enough to induce regular blooms. I'm going to try to wait longer next year to minimize the time that I have to grow under the lights before spring. I'd love to get some more from Fraser's Thimble Farms and have a variety to bloom throughout the year.

Shaun

Back