Peek-A-Boo Vinnie the Venustum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of a venustum with two buds! Only about 10 percent of AOS awarded venustums have that cultural trait, just checked lol. I have a few babies from the foxcatcher line, hopefully mine with have some dark colours in a few years.

You are doing WONDERFUL things with your camera. And a LOT of the credit is due to your flower. Golly golly golly. 095213 is my hands-down favorite. And 5335. INSANE.

I've never heard of a venustum with two buds! Only about 10 percent of AOS awarded venustums have that cultural trait, just checked lol. I have a few babies from the foxcatcher line, hopefully mine with have some dark colours in a few years.
Those have good potential Scott. What are their leaf span now?

Leslie, lovely saturated color on this one. The second bud should open shortly. I have a venustum that routinely does
this. It seems to know how to arrange itself without any issues. Two buds is not that rare but merely a sign that the
plant is happy. Please post again when both are open. Jerry

Leslie, lovely saturated color on this one. The second bud should open shortly. I have a venustum that routinely does
this. It seems to know how to arrange itself without any issues. Two buds is not that rare but merely a sign that the
plant is happy. Please post again when both are open. Jerry
Thanks Jerry.

Morphologically speaking this plant is twice the leaf span of my other venustums. The previous growth also blasted last bud so is much stronger now.That explains the bifloral event.

I'll post again when second bud opens. Exciting lol.

Oh just babies l9l.

My leaves are 30 cm tip to tip.

A few more years ...worth the wait!

What's the parentage?
Yes a few years for me, mine are 'Gigantic' x 'Fox Wave' (OIS0170).
I have one that is blooming size from Piping Rock that blasted a few times and now is making a giant growth under my improved conditions but no sign of bloom, maybe they are not as improved as I think. Was giving too much light before and not enough water, leaves have all darkened nicely and I am getting better root growth. I also have an alba that is making larger leaves but has not tried blooming before.

Venustums do not like to dry out, moist not wet. Medium to low light, cool-ish nights in winter. I blasted a few in fall due to watering issues. Once corrected, Vinnie and friends are out to play lol.

They will bloom when ready. They don't like to be forced. Just keep them steady and growing. They can bank their growths and bloom simultaneously in a bunch.

Since venustum is my probationary paper, you may see my presentation in the near future.

I moved at the end of summer so figuring out my conditions. Turns out there is a draft from the door to the room my tent is in so the lower shelf where most of my paphs are consistently goes to 15C at night which is nice for most of them. Higher shelfs staying above 19C which is also good. We will see what it is like with the summer heat.

I moved at the end of summer so figuring out my conditions. Turns out there is a draft from the door to the room my tent is in so the lower shelf where most of my paphs are consistently goes to 15C at night which is nice for most of them. Higher shelfs staying above 19C which is also good. We will see what it is like with the summer heat.
They can tolerate summer heat as long as they never dry out.

The T drop from winter draft is great for them.

Back