Parvi Party

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a swell party! Maybe the "after party" will make some nice offspring? If I were that Liberty Taiwan, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off myself (i.e. self it).

-Ernie

They are all quality flowers, nicely grown!!! I had some of mine in deep pots like that but for some reason they weren't drying out for me. I have put them in shallower pots for the time being though. Yours are growing really well.

Note: Your leaves are more green than mine as well which is also interesting. I have two layers of shade cloth but perhaps it's not enough.

GREAT job JOHN! I see that you haven't repotted those plants since you bought them from me! How's the media doing? Do you grow them cool? warm?

WOW! I'm so jealous! Of the 9 parvis I have only Wossner Armenijack is in bloom while Lynleigh Koopowitz is just spiking (mind you, three of my parvis are just small seedlings). I'm rather taken with Omentum!

Thanks again, everyone!

A beautiful group John.
I use the same "pot" suppliers as you. For larger Home Depot paint dept. is good.
Carl

I had a friend who mentioned that years ago. I've never checked out Home Depot for the paint mixer tubs. 'Must put that on my shopping list. I like the clear pots. I get a kick out of watching happy roots grow!

Yoyo Jo said:
When you guys use those drinking cups for pots, do you vary the size of your media at all? Like, using larger pieces at the bottom, smaller stuff higher up?

I have some plants from other people in these pots and they often do use extra drainage. Generally, I don't bother when I'm potting in them. I prefer to make up the mix with drainage material all throughout.

Ernie said:
That's a swell party! Maybe the "after party" will make some nice offspring? If I were that Liberty Taiwan, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off myself (i.e. self it).

I'll think about that. Although, it's a first bloom seedling and I generally wouldn't do that to such a young plant.

Bolero said:
Note: Your leaves are more green than mine as well which is also interesting. I have two layers of shade cloth but perhaps it's not enough.

These plants are getting full sun from October through to mid-March. I use 50% shade the rest of the year. I believe the nice green colour is because I supplemented with Epsom Salts during last summer's growing season. Prior to that, I noticed a lot of plants would yellow over the summertime and by fall, some plants were downright yellow (not just Paphs; but, all types). Last year, I saw no yellowing at all. It was a huge difference from years before.

Papheteer said:
GREAT job JOHN! I see that you haven't repotted those plants since you bought them from me! How's the media doing? Do you grow them cool? warm?

You were a fairly dry grower and I'm a fairly wet grower. So, the medium in the ones that I got from you was in pretty good shape; but, it's degraded a lot since then during the 18 months they've been in my humid/wet greenhouse. They all need repotting this spring. I grow them intermediate.

Latest posts

Back