• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parvi flasks order

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying some advance parvis flasks.
But realize of my limited space & time to provide for them with proper care.
furthermore, I don't want one sole plant nor too many that come from the same parents.
Wonder if anyone would like to join force so each of us would have 1//2 (10 plants) or 1/3 of a flask (about only 7 plants)
This way we will be able get more crosses as well as same cross using different parents combination, while reserve our prime real estate growing space.
I will grade the plants so each of us will have the balance of seedling sizes.
You can PM me for my email address

NYEric said:
PM: OK Hien, I'll split the micranthum album x delenatii alba w/ you!
Eric, you must read from a different list, because I reread & reread , still not find that cross.
But I see something else crossed with delenatii alba.:poke:

All the parvi flasks to be resource pool purchase are spoken for.
Thanks;)

NYEric said:
So what did you get? And it all better be USA legal!

Oh Eric,
Of course, I buy it in USA, I always believe in single handed saving our flagging US economy (now that they ship all the blue collar jobs, white collar jobs, what ever color collar jobs you can think of abroad)
Further more, I am too old to have the energy to order something outside the USA and jumping thru hoops like circus animals just to get a few plants
(The exception is I would consider buying from Canada one day, They are practically the same as us, just a line on the map)
Now, I still believe all of the hoopla about saving a few plant & animal species are just RUSE from international giant companies & governments(which really serving their lobbyist clientele) to lullaby the population that they are doing something.
How many Americans really know, they zap 500 mountains down south out of sight already?

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/s...07/0004583647&EDATE=TUE+May+08+2007,+02:00+PM

You will not have permission to take one orchid, own one orchid from those site (Think about this word "ILLEGAL")
Where are those orchids gone? I seeing them flapping wings in the cloud while heavenly harp music is playing by cherubs in the background.

SlipperFan said:
Hien, don't you understand that nothing matters except our insatiable thirst for energy. And money?
Dot,
I think because a lot of us live in cities or suburbs, we are totally clueless about what is going on out of sight.
The sight of a whole mountain side clearcut ( I mean absolutely nothing on it but dirt, infact not even dirt) nothing left to hold the millions, billions years of built up topsoil back on the slope is the sight that I never forget. I saw that in Washington state while hiking back in 98. The stream is full of sediment.
They don't even bother thinning the plants and leave some on the slope to stabilize the mountain side.
Why do we keep thinking that it is wrong for some european or asian companies to produce thousands of seedlings (species & hybrids) artificially, and nothing wrong at all that some big companies wipe out our woods?
Why do we think this way? who want us to think this way?
Perhaps I watch too many movies like SILKWOOD, this off the topic really, but I would like to tell you all one story:
In 1975, when South Vietnam collapsed, we have the order from the top government that nobody is allowed to leave the country, they going to jail us if we so attempt. All the polices & soldiers follow the order, some generals stayed and died with their troops. I seen mothers crying and got off the bus to stay back with their children who were pull off the vehicles by the guards at the ports (who still following order from the unseen top kahunas)
You know what, when we get to the refugee camps later, we find out that all the top kahunas who metered out the orders already left weeks ahead of us.:sob:
One trait that I really admire in Americans is that they are very independent in their thinking (sadly, I see less & less of that these days).

Last edited:
Hien, I hope you know I was being fascetious. I think you have probably seen more sadness and the dark side of being human than just about anyone I know.

However, money and energy needs (wants) are why we put up with disappearing mountains and woods. Americans may think independently in some ways, but I'm afraid that we are very much followers when it comes to our vehicle desires, for instance. Anybody know the ratio of gas-guzzling trucks and SUV's to sedans and station wagons?

I think we've become a nation of people who vote for politicians who tell us what we want to hear, rather than for those who would do right for our country. What politicians would dare try to stop the plunder of our forests and mountains?

OK, I'm off my soapbox.

Maybe this will get the ball rolling? Wishful thinking perhaps, but it's something at least:

http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/04/legislators_shi.html

My favorite quote: "Ruskin's revenue-neutral bill is hotly contested by the auto industry, Hummer dealers, and other fans of planetary crisis and catastrophe."

(Parvi flasks are a far more soothing topic!)

you're hooked on parvi!
unless you're ordering alba or album. others stuffs are not worth the effort. by the time you get them to blooming size, which will be long after commercial release, the value then will drop dramatiacally. You'll be paying more for & per seedling than the blooming size plant. Commercial nursery generally don't raise alba, because high mortality rate & slow growth. What parvi are you thinking of. I can squeeze in a couple alba parvi babies.
beni.
p.s. alba will cost an arm and a leg!

Latest posts

Back