• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parting with my vandas UPDATE: FREE FOR SHIPPING

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this thread makes you come off in a bad light at all, Heather. By the way the 2 paphs I bought from you are doing great. Both are getting much bigger and like me:wink: Guess I didn't know what I was stepping into when I asked the question about shipping costs.

Candace said:
I don't think this thread makes you come off in a bad light at all, Heather. By the way the 2 paphs I bought from you are doing great. Both are getting much bigger and like me:wink: Guess I didn't know what I was stepping into when I asked the question about shipping costs.

Thanks Candace, and NO problem, I just wanted it understood why I had a problem. I'm not one to mince words and beat around the bush.

I'm glad the plants are doing well for you. You got that cute little one I didn't want to part with and I can't remember what it is now! Um...haynaldianum x parishii? What is that cross? Right on the tip of my tongue. Oh well. Glad it (and the other I can't recall at all) are growing!

*edit* Bengal Lancers, right?

Yes, that and Angelina Krueger or something very similar to that, the sanderianum hybrid. All have new growths and are happy in s/h.

Heather said:
So Brian - you sell those Vandas yet? :wink:

No, not yet.... you givin away any more of your incredibly beautiful plants for pennies on the dollar????

IdahoOrchid said:
Brian (hope I got that right:eek: ), first you need to be able to determine when there is a "difference in shipping" when the plants were sold with shipping included in the price of the plant. I was told up front that I was being given a great deal, so how could I know that there was an issue or what her intentions really were? A kind word of explanation and a request for consideration by the affected party would be in order in this situation. To tell you the truth, I did not even look at the postage label to see what the postage was because of how they were transacted.

Knowing that there are people like Heather that sell and have sold their plants for great deals to new people has given me the incentive to watch for opportunities to do the same. Now I am starting to wonder. No, I will probably still try to do that, irregardless of your opinion.

If I sold you a $120 plant for $100 INCLUDING SHIPPING, what would you do?

Ok Mr. Potatoman, two things,
FIRST: Unless you are a really hot chick, its Blake
SECOND: Now, I REALLY dont like you. Its bad enough you screw my good friend Heather, who has ALWAYS bent over backwards for anyone, over some incredible plants you dont deserve to have and then backout of another deal, but then you try to justify your own sorry a$$ ethics??? Man you suck!! Pretty soon, the ONLY place you will EVER be able to buy plants will be Ebay.
Its people like you that make people like Heather weary to sell plants to people they dont know.

WOW! I just caught up on this thread. Since I work in the shipping business I thought I might chime in. Plus I lived in Idaho for a little over 4 years before moving to Seattle.

There is one thing to keep in mind regarding shipping: IT IS NOT FREE. Many times shipping rates are based on distance. Another factor is size/weight of the shipment. All of these things need to be considered before one quotes shipping rates. If you are shipping from the West coast to the East coast it's usually a lot more expensive than shipping from Boston to New York or Seattle to Boise.

In terms of shipping to Idaho in particular, there is nothing that I know of that makes the rates to Idaho especially expensive compared to other places. When I lived in Boise, I was surprised to find out that some people do consider that 'West coast.' I laughed out loud the first time I heard that....there's no friggin ocean anywhere around.

Heather......I know that we have never done business with each other, but when we do I'm sure all will be well. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, it does seem like we are 'friends' of a sort and not just complete strangers when we interact in the ways we do on these forums.

Candace.....I agree with you about the shipper being responsible for checking into the shipping charges. I also agree with you regarding the way YOU and I would handle this particular situation. However, I cannot speak for Steven, nor judge him in any way in this situation, because I am not him and don't know his situation.

As far as shipping to Idaho is concerned.....it is no more expensive to ship there than it is to ship anywhere else.

Craig

ok, they're real nice, just neglected. i cant water them every day
DSC_0074.jpg

Back