parnatum or parnatanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
A year ago I purchaced a seedling of 'parnatum' and violascens. The violascens flowered shortly after and I was able to confirm its ID before cutting the bloom to save the plant. It has since made a new growth, and looks like it may continue growing (not the same as flourishing), but at least I can look forward to a bloom on that sometime in the future.
The seedling purchased as 'parnatum' has eventually started growing (ever so slowly) after pouting and sulking for the last year. It has started a spike which is developing very slowly. Does anyone have any idea what it may turn out to be? (A picture post will follow shortly, after the time that it has taken for the spike to develop this far, I estimate it to be about 2-3 weeks from opening)

Real name is parnatatum, many are only bullenianum hybrid, I have a real , flowered parnatatum, if you send pic I can help to identify.

Parnatanum has thick dark green leaves of about 7cm. You can't mistake it for anything else.

Under my culture I could mistake a fern for a cycad, or anything in between!
It has mottled leaves, that is the best I can do ( and not too many of them either, not a happy plant!)

Latest posts

Back