Paravanda Mecca's Candy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
I have had this hybrid of Paraphal.aycockii x Vanda teres [aware of the genus change for Papilionanthe teres. Not sure what the new generic designation for this plant is, nor do I care] for over 15 years. It has initiated spikes almost every year, but they just sit there at 1/8" - 1/4" and do nothing or just blast right away. This year, I 'repotted' it sideways into an open wire mesh basket loosely with ecoweb (or whatever the brand name is) cubes and moved it out of the greenhouse to what passes for full sun here in Ohio. The nascent spikes jump started and within two weeks were well on their way. I had had it up high in the GH with the vandas for maximum light, but I guess even the 30% shadecloth I have is too much and it needed the extra sun. Now, one spike is open and a second well on its way. Gets watered every day. Been in the upper 90s (F) most of the summer. Flowers are over 3" across with a bit of a musky smell similar to an ansellia; plant just over 20" long/tall from top of basket to tip of leaves.

mecca0719.jpg meccainflclose0719.jpg meccafull0719.jpg

Latest posts

Back