Papilio-laoticus in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not realize before that this species has such big flower, wow .

I'm really liking this species, from the flower size to the coloring/patterning.

Could we see back of flower, showing ovary and synsepal, as well as the entire plant and flower with a size comparison object like a Coca Cola can or ruler?
I've more than once commented on 'Leslie - the stern task master'! It's as if he is insatiable...obsessed! 😁

Istvan, it's a gorgeous flower... somehow like a distant cousin to gratrixianum and with a bit of charlesworthii in the petals...the yellow spot at the bottom of the central part of the dorsal is, indeed, an endearing signature feature!

I've more than once commented on 'Leslie - the stern task master'! It's as if he is insatiable...obsessed! 😁

Istvan, it's a gorgeous flower... somehow like a distant cousin to gratrixianum and with a bit of charlesworthii in the petals...the yellow spot at the bottom of the central part of the dorsal is, indeed, an endearing signature feature!
Hehe Jens, I just make life more interesting for all concerned, the grower, the flower and ST members.

If not, at least chuckles are a welcome distraction.

Latest posts

Back