Paphs...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diogo

Hello everyone,

I have these three plants for a few years but lost the tags, anyone has a clue what they maybe? Potential parentage at least? Comments are very welcome.

Thank you.

Diogo

Attachments

• Paph (híb. complexo).jpg
    Paph (híb. complexo).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Paph (híb. complexo)3.jpg
    Paph (híb. complexo)3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 7
  • Paph multifloral.jpg
    Paph multifloral.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Paph2b.jpg
    Paph2b.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Paph King Arthur.jpg
    Paph King Arthur.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Paph King Arthur1.jpg
    Paph King Arthur1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 9
First one- hard to say- I see hirsutissimum and a couple species from the villosum complex (villosum, gratrixianum, insigne...) and maybe druryi from the stripes down the dorsal and petals.

Second one- Paph. Honey (philippinense X primulinum)

Third one- Paph. King Arthur.

hi Ernie,

spot on for nr 3, the complete name is Paph. King Arthur ''bourgogne'' or ''burgundy'' it's a very very old Paph. hybrid that used be grown by the millions
in the Netherlands as cutflower after the cutflower market slowly disappeared,
It was retooled for the flowering pot plant market again in huge numbers.
cliokchi

hi Ernie,

spot on for nr 3, the complete name is Paph. King Arthur ''bourgogne'' or ''burgundy'' it's a very very old Paph. hybrid that used be grown by the millions
in the Netherlands as cutflower after the cutflower market slowly disappeared,
It was retooled for the flowering pot plant market again in huge numbers.
cliokchi

King Arthurs are all over the place in Chicago too. I think Oak Hill had them maybe ten years ago then lots of locals bought them, they all grew like gangbusters, got divided, shared/sold at club auctions, repeat.

I agree...at the very least, the 2nd one is Honey. King Arthur is a good probability for the 3rd, but there are also some other old red hybrids of about the same age, like Antigone.

Oh thanks everyone, that was a great help. Honey and King Arthur were definitely my first options but wanted to have a more experienced opinion from you guys. I love the King Arthur, specially the amazing dark, pointy and spotted tiny leaves.

cheers

Hope this helps here's my P. King Arthur in bloom now.... Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3763.JPG
    IMG_3763.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back