Quantcast

Paphs, Paphs and more Paphs..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

B

bench72

Yesterday, I visited a local orchid nursery, Royale Orchids, just north of Sydney Australia. I always feel like a kid in a lolly shop...

thought I'd share a couple of the plants in bloom....

Paph Armeni White

this plant was a whopping big blant with three flowers and each flower was the size of a hand!!

Paph Lady Isabel

a plant from the EYOF breeding program... the roth parent is 'Mont Millais', can't remember the clonal name of the stonei.

and to compare

Paph Lady Isabel

this is an Orchid Zone bred plant. I think the petal stance, the clean dorsal striping is a little nicer.

Paph Landmark

what can one say... just stunning!

cheers
tim

B

bench72

noooooo!!!! I don't want to be part of the 'dark side'!!!!!!

B

Bolero

Tim,

Do they sell many Paphs? I was looking at their price list and they didn't seem to have many on there for sale. Judging by your pictures they have a bigger variety of Paphs than I realised.

Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing.

B

bench72

Darren,

It's surprising the number of Paphs that they actually have... and like many nurseries, limited number species / hyrbid grexes are never included in the catalogue.

I have got many 'special' plants from Royale, mainly because I go up there and read the labels of nearly every plant in the Paph house.

Other than what is on their catalogue, I know that they've got stuff like hermannii, helenae, hangianum, emersonii, coccineum (barbigerum var lockianum), sukhakulii, and then there are the hybrids, some of their maudiae-type hybrids are totally awesome!!! Some are as big as an outstretched hand!!!

Sometimes it's just worth giving nurseries a call 'for a chat' and see if they have something you're into.

cheers
tim

Latest posts