Paphs, Paphs and more Paphs..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bench72

Yesterday, I visited a local orchid nursery, Royale Orchids, just north of Sydney Australia. I always feel like a kid in a lolly shop...

thought I'd share a couple of the plants in bloom....

Paph Armeni White
302760477_40f4c65408.jpg

this plant was a whopping big blant with three flowers and each flower was the size of a hand!!

Paph Lady Isabel
302760478_86ae49dbde.jpg

a plant from the EYOF breeding program... the roth parent is 'Mont Millais', can't remember the clonal name of the stonei.

and to compare

Paph Lady Isabel
302760481_0ba28f622c.jpg

this is an Orchid Zone bred plant. I think the petal stance, the clean dorsal striping is a little nicer.

Paph Landmark
302765268_027882f6e8.jpg

what can one say... just stunning!

cheers
tim

Tim,

Do they sell many Paphs? I was looking at their price list and they didn't seem to have many on there for sale. Judging by your pictures they have a bigger variety of Paphs than I realised.

Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing.

Darren,

It's surprising the number of Paphs that they actually have... and like many nurseries, limited number species / hyrbid grexes are never included in the catalogue.

I have got many 'special' plants from Royale, mainly because I go up there and read the labels of nearly every plant in the Paph house.

Other than what is on their catalogue, I know that they've got stuff like hermannii, helenae, hangianum, emersonii, coccineum (barbigerum var lockianum), sukhakulii, and then there are the hybrids, some of their maudiae-type hybrids are totally awesome!!! Some are as big as an outstretched hand!!!

Sometimes it's just worth giving nurseries a call 'for a chat' and see if they have something you're into.

cheers
tim

Back