Paphs on the Dresden Orchid Show 2008

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I visited the Dresden Orchid Show 2008 one of the biggest orchid shows in Germany. It takes place annually in the city of Dresden. Dresden is located at the upper course of the river Elbe in the eastern part of Germany not far away from the Czech border.
Unfortunately not all taken photos turned out as good as I expected. Thats why you've got to be pleased with the remaining rest, but hopefully you will enjoy it.
Firstly some Paphs displays:

4490_03_15_08_Paph_Group_miscellaneous

4491_03_15_08_Paph_Group_miscellaneous

4492_03_15_08_Paph_Group_miscellaneous

4493_03_15_08_Paph_Group_miscellaneous

A group of white hybrids out of the last display
4494_03_15_08_Paph_White_Hybrids

and some others out of this display
4495_03_15_08_Paph_Group_miscellaneous

4496_03_15_08_Paph_Group_miscellaneous

A group of Brachy's_and Parvi's
4498_03_15_08_Paph_Group_Brachys_and Parvis

4499_03_15_08_Paph_Group_Brachys

Paph. bellatulum
4500_03_15_08_Paph_bellatulum

Last edited:
if you copy the parts of the address but don't include the and paste it in the address bar they work.
thanks for the photos.

Sorry guys but you were too fast. I had some problems before I had finished that thread. Firstly my wife called me for lunch and you may know what happens if don't follow this 'invitation' and then I didn't keep in mind that the number of photos is limited to ten per posting. So my work was in vain because all data disappeared in data heaven.
But lets go on with photos
A group of Paph. micranthum the photos is alas slightly blurred
4501_03_15_08_Paph_micranthum_group

And now some photos of Paph species
Paph. urbanianum
4502_03_15_08_Paph_urbanianum

Paph. hennisianum
4503_03_15_08_Paph_hennisianum

Paph. argus
4504_03_15_08_Paph_argus

Paph. emersonii
4505_03_15_08_Paph_emersonii

Paph. hirsutissimum
4506_03_15_08_Paph_hirsutissimum

Paph. sukhakulii
4507_03_15_08_Paph_sukhakulii

Paph. tonsum
4508_03_15_08_Paph_tonsum

4509_03_15_08_Paph_tonsum

Paph. javanicum var. virens
4510_03_15_08_Paph_javanicum var. virens

to be continiued

and here are the last few photos
A mislabeled Pah. bulleanum - Paph. tortipetalum is invalid
4511_03_15_08_Paph_bulleanum

4512_03_15_08_Paph-bulleanum

A group of delenatii
4513_03_15_08_Paph_delenatii

And last but not least Paph. rothschildianum
4514_03_15_08_Paph_rothschildianum

Please don't be too strict to the quality of the photos they all were taken without a tripod within a huge crowd of visitors.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

neat! thanks.
(i think you meant you had problems with the thread. the threat is what the wife does if you do not respond to the lunch invitation....)

...i think you meant you had problems with the thread. the threat is what the wife does if you do not respond to the lunch invitation....)
Thanks you are absolutely right !!!:rollhappy:
I immediately replaced the letter t by d.

There must have been a lot of superb plants in Dresden!! Looking at your pict. I feel sorry for not having done the trip. All the close-ups are pretty good quality, and the other photos allow a very good overview of the expo! I esp. like bellatulum, emersonii, hirsutissimum and delenatii, and of course the aquinii Catt.
Jean

I had some problems before I had finished that thread. Firstly my wife called me for lunch and you may know what happens if don't follow this 'invitation'
If your wife is a German woman - yes I do! You add that to the list of the things you can't do correctly! :(

Thanx for posting, the photos are fine.
Did they also have plant sales? What did you get?

If your wife is a German woman - yes I do! You add that to the list of the things you can't do correctly! :(
Did they also have plant sales? What did you get?
Hi Eric,
so you are experienced with German women?? ;)
Yes there were many vendors/nurseries, native ones as well as overseas ones e.g. Ecuador, Colombia and Argentina. They offered a great variety of orchids but regarding Paphs the choice wasn't that good as in the last few years - at least in my eyes. Thats why I went away just with one young plant for the cost of 7,50 Euro (about 11,50 bucks).
But to be honest I did my haul a few weeks ago in a nursery which is specialized amongst others in Paphs. This nursery ran a sales booth on the Dresden show just until 2006 but doesn't since than. The name of the guy is Popow and e.g. Phragmipedium popowii is named to him.

Latest posts

Back