Paphs on Ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suss16

Reaction score
I am sort of new to this forum so you guys may have discussed this prior... forgive me if this is redundant.

Am I missing something? but are some of the paphs sold by chinesegreen legit? They are listed as private auctions...

Am I supposed to stay away from seeping sores? I wish my mother was a little more specific when I was younger.

Just out of curiosity, I emailed "Chinese Green", asking if I could see the plants, as I'm in NYC also. Got no reply................. On the other hand, this guy has been posting illegal paphs openly on Ebay for quite some time....and no action appears to have been taken. Someone is buying his plants...USDA perhaps? But if it is...how long does it take to build a case? Or is a single plant-at-a-time seller on ebay considered worth their effort? Take care, Eric

TADD said:
I would stay away from that seller like a hooker with a seeping canker sore

Hookers..... did somone say hookers???? :rollhappy:

Chinese Green's plants are all illegal.

The problem is that they are located in China (disregard that New York stuff... the plants ship from China) and without CITES. Even if the USDA wanted to catch them, they are outside of the US. Why they're still selling on Ebay, I don't know... my guess is that it's because the plants in question are actually legal in many other countries, and since the plants aren't located in the USA, they aren't illegal yet.

And, of course, they hide buyer's IDs, so nobody knows whether they are shipping plants to the USA, although they do, of course.

- Matthew Gore

Latest posts

Back