Paphs images 2007 from my collection-so far

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Here are the first blooms from my collection in 2007:

Paphiopedilum niveum

paph_niveum

paph_niveum_1

paph_niveum_2

To take photos from this white glossy bloom isn't that easy particularly to get a reasonable depth of focus. I hope the results aren't that bad but to be honest I'm not really convinced.

Paph vietnamense x armeniacum

paph_vietnamense_x_armeniacum_1

paph_vietnamense_x_armeniacum_2

paph_vietnamense_x_armeniacum_4

and a close up

paph_vietnamense_x_armeniacum_3

It's one of the few hybrids I grow and in my eyes a successful one. It was an extra present from my last 'haul'.:) I like it although it's got a little flaw on the dorsal. Maybe the next flower will be immaculate.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

To be continued........

Last edited:
Continuation

After a period when I had little time for taking photographs and contributing to slippertalk.com and additionally had computer problems here comes the continuation of my flowering Paphs in 2007.
This is my Easter present for you and it comes to you without any searching !!! I hope you will enjoy the photos !

Paphiopedilum schoseri

paph_schoseri

paph_schoseri_1

paph_schoseri_2

and close ups of the staminode

paph_schoseri_3

paph_schoseri_4

Paphiopedilum barbatum

paph_barbatum

paph_barbatum_1

and close ups of the staminode

paph_barbatum_2

paph_barbatum_3

and last but not least my

Paphiopedilum dayanum

paph_dayanum

paph_dayanum_1

ans also close ups of the staminode

paph_dayanum_2

paph_dayanum_3

Best regards from a sunny Germany, GuRu.

wonder how long it take you for the vietnamense x armeniacum from seeding to flower?
really appreciate the time input
beautiful creation!!!!

sillytann

tan said:
wonder how long it take you for the vietnamense x armeniacum from seeding to flower?...beautiful creation!!!! sillytann

Hello tan,

At the moment I can't give you the answer on your query because the plant was in flowering size when I got it last year. :confused:
I would astimate about 5 - 6 years but that might be wrong???
The only thing I can do is to call the gardener from whose nursery I've got the plant. But I don't know whether he made the cross or not?
If I get further information I will let you know.

wonderlen3000 said:
Love your dayanum. It's the low elevation or high elevation form???

Hello wonderleen3000,

so far I didn't think if my P. dayanum is the highland or lowland form albeit I know about those two different forms. For me it was just P. dayanum.:)
After have read up the typical features of both forms in the discribtion I tend to say mine might be the highland form - but I'm not that sure!! So far I havn't seen both forms side by side.

Last edited:
hi,
paph dayanum is lower elevation grower and flower in summer;
the paph i have is barbatum found at higherelevation and can flower once/twice a year or possibly early summer or fall in your condition.

Over summer/autumn (fall) there were nearly no flowers at all in my collection except of my Paph. coccineum which I showed last year already.
One of the reasons was a severe fungi infection of some of my plants. The infestation happened very quickly and therefore unfortunately I lost some good plants.
But fortunately just some not all - the majority survived with the help of a fungicide although some look slightly like birds without feathers. But new leaves or sprouts are emerging and that's a good sign and makes me hope for new growth.
However, I am very proud to show the first multifloral Paph flowering in my collection - Paphiopedilum lowii.

paph_lowii

front close up of the staminode

paph_lowii_1

side close up of the staminode

paph_lowii_2

Latest posts

Back