Paphs delenatii dunkel & Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I was amazed at the size difference in these two plants. I knew my dunkel was a small flower, but I didn't realize the Ho Chi Minh was that big! The flowers are on the same plane/distance from the camera.

Beautiful HCM!
I have two and both are just adding more and more growths without ever flowering.
Thank goodness the leaves are pleasant to look at! lol

The HCM is very nice, I love the pink blush around the outside edges of the petals!

Also, just curious, how big is your dunkel? I have one in spike at the moment.

I'll have to measure the dunked tomorrow, but it is a smaller flower than normal. This is the second flower on the same spike -- the first flower was a little bigger, but not as big as the average.

John, I've had 3 Ho Chi Minhs, and all their flowers lasted about two weeks. I'll let you know if this one is different.

They're beautiful, Dot. Please let us know how long the HCM lasts. I have had a few clones of this hybrid and they all had very short flower lives.

As promised, John -- the flower showed a tiny bit of browning on the petal edges for the first time yesterday, and today, the flower is starting to droop just a little. Not bad for a Ho Chi Minh!

Back