paphiopedolum kolopakingii fma katherinae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hakone, it's sooo easy.................you have to wait until the plant blooms. Can't say more. :cool:
The leaves of kolopakingii are 40-60cm long, from 40 cm long leaves, the plants can bloom. I've seen in a nursery that the leaves are more 50 cm, but the plants are not blooming. It is likely due to cultural Errors.

Those leaves are beautiful all by themselves! Looks like a healthy, happy plant. Can't wait to see it bloom.

LeslieEe thanks for the demonstration

Last edited:
how long do I have to wait until the plants bloom. LS 35 cmView attachment 21848
Hakone, Leslie Ee has already given you a good photographic answer but perhaps I could add something. I attended the WOC in Vancouver, Canada in 1998. The best of show was awarded to a Paph. kolopakingii that was a magnificent specimen bearing several tall, majestic racemes with large flowers. The leaf span of this plant was approximately 180 cm. This is the size of a well-grown kolopakingii at maturity.

Hakone, Leslie Ee has already given you a good photographic answer but perhaps I could add something. I attended the WOC in Vancouver, Canada in 1998. The best of show was awarded to a Paph. kolopakingii that was a magnificent specimen bearing several tall, majestic racemes with large flowers. The leaf span of this plant was approximately 180 cm. This is the size of a well-grown kolopakingii at maturity.
Yes , but not albino

Sam has 2 different sib crosses of this now. I bought mine from him about 3 years ago (about 75 cm now) ... its' just tucked in with everyone else waiting it's turn to shine (i hope).... :)

Sam has 2 different sib crosses of this now. I bought mine from him about 3 years ago (about 75 cm now) ... its' just tucked in with everyone else waiting it's turn to shine (i hope).... :)
can you show me a photo of your plant please

Here’s a photo of my kolopakingii album:

5816F1A8-8C18-41E7-92C9-778A2320D7EA.jpeg

It’s about 80 cm wide with 14 cm broad leaves. Hopefully will decide to bloom next year. She’s surrounded by the supardii, roths, lowii albums and tigrinums. The support team! 🤫

Hi LeslieEe

another question . how long is LS of paph. stonei album " Formosa " until it blooms

Back