Paphiopedilun rothschildianum 'Charles Edwards'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your plant is doing great! Very well flowered. i think you just bloomed it a few years ago? Mine is doing well with 4 growths but slow.

I would buy a flask! :)

If I remember correctly, the flowers on your armeniacum wasn't bad at all, and the quality was various. Maybe it differs from bloom to bloom, or had to do with how fresh they were, but I remember seeing a couple that looked very nice.

Average flower with good vigor and willingness score high on my sheet.

And who knows, roth influence might help iron out the shape a bit.

I have seen quite a few crappy Dollgoldi all from FCC or other "great" parents. I just don't believe much into those. ;)

Please remake and I'll buy from you! :D

Personally I think it would be a waste of time. Dollgoldii's can be difficult to flower at the best of times. With Charles E as a parent, doubly so. You want the new generation of roths which flower much easier and have a fuller shape. This cross would have been much better but unfortunately has sold out.

OIP0269 Paph. Wossner China Moon 'Golden Bowl' x rothschildianum 'Giant Wings' GM/WOC $200.00
Golden Bowl has bright yellow color and has 15cm ns. We look for some huge Dollgoldi type flowers
and expect to be much easy to grow and bloom. Limited! Net price!

I agree with David, not worth all the work.
Fantastic job blooming this classic JP.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Your plant is doing great! Very well flowered. i think you just bloomed it a few years ago? Mine is doing well with 4 growths but slow.

You're right: it first flowered for me at the end of 2015. This is its second blooming for me.

The culture is nothing special. I grow entirely under artificial LED plant lights (100 w fixture 46 inches from the shelf on which the plant sits). The temperatures are 85F day and 65F night in summer and 10F cooler in winter. I fertilize with urea-free fertilizer at 125-150 ppm weekly year-round. I pot it in a mixture of fir bark (75%) and perlite (25%).

I think that it is pretty great. The new ones, in my view, look too "contrived". I prefer the more natural look prior to line breeding. The armeniacums are doing well. I could try crossing them, but the armeniacums are not considered to have good form so I don't know if people would want one of the seedlings if it got that far.
Is your fertiliser also ammonia free ?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 9 en utilisant Tapatalk

Missed that cross from Sam - VERY tempting!

I was hoping he would still have this cross available when he came to Australia and he did. The problem was Sam emailed the catalogue on Christmas eve when I was away for a week. By the time I saw it it had sold out. Very dissappointing.

I ended up getting the hangianum x roth cross instead.

I was hoping he would still have this cross available when he came to Australia and he did. The problem was Sam emailed the catalogue on Christmas eve when I was away for a week. By the time I saw it it had sold out. Very dissappointing.

I ended up getting the hangianum x roth cross instead.

There's always the mid-year list.....

Latest posts

Back