Paphiopedilum zieckianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mahon

I just got a plant of Paph. zieckianum, it is rather new to me, and am wondering about some of your personal growing tips on this species... these are naturally small plants, but I believe after a while of maturing, they can be bigger... I note that this species produces stolons similar to Paph. micranthum...

I am almost sure Olaf has some more info on this species...
=)

(Schoser, Die Orchidee 18:4 1967, the original description)

-P.A. Mahon

What a coincidence... I just got an unsolicited email today from someone today about Paph zieckianum. (I get this sort of thing with some frequency...)

*Dear Sir/Madam,*

*Let me introduce myself. My name is Djony.*

*I am in Papua island right now and I have some plants from Papua that I
like to offer to you:*

* Paph. Zieckianum = usd 25*

* Paph. Praestans = usd 15*
*Attached are photos of both plants.*

From the prices and the email format, I'm assuming that he's just another slime offering wild collected plants. The ziecs look wild collected, but its hard to tell with the others.

*sigh* Naja, so ist das Leben.

- Matt Gore

Steve, thanks for the info... I thought that the Paph. bouganvillianum also came from Bouganville Island (hence the specific epithet...)

Matthew, this name sounds somewhat familiar, I've seen it somewhere before...

-Pat

Hehe, I was an exchange student for a year when I was 16. Lived in a little city in the west of Austria (not Australia), near Switzerland and Germany. There are some phrases that still pop out of my mouth (and hands, as the case may be) without much thought.

- Matt :)

Cool. I took German in High School (out of all places). So seeing and hearing German always seems to strike a note. We had a jumbo class of about 12 students. I was the slacker and the only 2 phrases I remembered ,that got me through classes, was "Ich habe keine idee" and "Woher is die kloset?".

Latest posts

Back