Paphiopedilum Worthy Sky

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Between baby, work, COVID and a stream of daycare illnesses invading our house, I have not had much time to post or even take pictures lately. I had a quick moment to snap a shot of this first time bloomer, Paphiopedilum Worthy Sky (Western Sky x charlesworthii). I purchased a compot of these these from Hillsview in October 2019. Being 75% charlesworthii, it is about what I expected. The flower is much larger than the charlesworthii that I have bloomed, and it bloomed more easily. I am not posting this because it is a great flower but because I think others on the forum have this cross also. I will take additional pictures if the form changes but I am thinking next blooming will be better. Other seedlings are in bud so I will post those as they bloom... as best I can ;)

20220824_191904.jpg

nice.... i have a few of those also... and i think the best one is not as nice as yours...

how long has that been open? (hidden question, does the dorsal stay flat?)

nice.... i have a few of those also... and i think the best one is not as nice as yours...

how long has that been open? (hidden question, does the dorsal stay flat?)
It was open for 5 days when I took this picture. So far it has kept its shape. I still have 2 or 3 to bloom. Another one is well on its way to blooming.
@richgarrison if you have picture of yours I would like to see them.

@Guldal Thanks for the lovely compliments!

well yes i guess i'm getting too old - i went hunting but only found olympic emerald x charlesworthii 'alba'... maybe i didn't take any pictures... but these are the three i flowered last year. One i took the picture kinda late ;-) probably all will have price tags on the table at the society meeting at their next flowering
IMG-0210.jpgIMG_0211.jpgIMG-0212.jpg

Latest posts

Back