Paphiopedilum Worthy Sky

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Reaction score
Between baby, work, COVID and a stream of daycare illnesses invading our house, I have not had much time to post or even take pictures lately. I had a quick moment to snap a shot of this first time bloomer, Paphiopedilum Worthy Sky (Western Sky x charlesworthii). I purchased a compot of these these from Hillsview in October 2019. Being 75% charlesworthii, it is about what I expected. The flower is much larger than the charlesworthii that I have bloomed, and it bloomed more easily. I am not posting this because it is a great flower but because I think others on the forum have this cross also. I will take additional pictures if the form changes but I am thinking next blooming will be better. Other seedlings are in bud so I will post those as they bloom... as best I can ;)

20220824_191904.jpg

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Wow Darlene....three pretty things, your flower, your baby and you !

richgarrison

Reaction score
nice.... i have a few of those also... and i think the best one is not as nice as yours...

how long has that been open? (hidden question, does the dorsal stay flat?)

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
nice.... i have a few of those also... and i think the best one is not as nice as yours...

how long has that been open? (hidden question, does the dorsal stay flat?)
It was open for 5 days when I took this picture. So far it has kept its shape. I still have 2 or 3 to bloom. Another one is well on its way to blooming.
@richgarrison if you have picture of yours I would like to see them.

@Guldal Thanks for the lovely compliments!

richgarrison

Reaction score
well yes i guess i'm getting too old - i went hunting but only found olympic emerald x charlesworthii 'alba'... maybe i didn't take any pictures... but these are the three i flowered last year. One i took the picture kinda late ;-) probably all will have price tags on the table at the society meeting at their next flowering
IMG-0210.jpg IMG_0211.jpg IMG-0212.jpg