Paphiopedilum Wellesleyanum alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rudolf, how should a cross between concolor album x godefroyae album look like ?
I got it recently from a reliable grower.
leucochilum album is just opening, same grower , smaller plant
both look healthy, but time will tell
recently a seedling in a bigger group was rotting , it was ang-thong album, rest ok............................

Rudolf, how should a cross between concolor album x godefroyae album look like ?....

Werner, of course like a mix of both or similar to one parent. But that's not what I meant.
We talk in another thread about hybrids which have been used for line breeding of species and cause a lot of confusion. This hybrid would be able to cause confusion too, because it looks like a straight P. godefroyae album. Just my thoughts.

Rudolf, I get your point and I agree.
A special problem for albas, but there are doubts about others , too. Look at all the godefroyae.........

In this case I am quite confident. The grower lives in Suphanburi , he sells single plants with photo documentation, all seedlings have id-label and even plants with flowers arrive in perfect condition.. Still waiting for leucochilum album and a godefroyae x spicerianum to open.

In fact it doesn't matter to me if it is godefroyae album, ang-thong album, wellesleyanum album... It is all about the beauty of the white flower and the joy of their variation in shape etc. IMO if it comes about pure white flowers the species status isn't of interest any more. Oh except if you like to have a special collection with an album of every Paph species. But then it's all about collecting and not about beauty...

For species, I do prefer the normal/color form in general, but this is great!

Latest posts

Back