Paphiopedilum Wössner Vietnam Beauty

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
This is my latest purchase from Laima (pupsidog on eBay).

It was listed as Paph. bellatulum, but I knew it was not because the leaves definitely had parvi, vietnamense among other things I thought, and the shape and color of the bud was just too reddish, which also pointed to vietnamense.

It came in mail about two weeks ago. I opened up the box and the flower was already opening up! I was surprised to see how big it was.
NS is 5in, and whole plant is cute like a darf with a big face. :)

I can't be completely sure of the name, but it is either vietnamense x bellatulum, or vietnamense x conco-bellatulum.
I've seen both at a show, a bunch of them, and they all pretty much looked the same other than a certain individual had a lot more saturated pink/red than others.
Mine looks "normal" I guess.
not really my thing, but oddity and fun to have! plus, takes little space. :D

RkSKotel.jpg

I am not sure either but your guesses make sense and still a good pick up. I would be happy with that flower on such a small plant too. Anything with bellatulum in it works for me!

It's better than mine, yours has a more suttle color which would lead meto beleive a conco bellatulum x vietnemense or...... just most likely not straight bellatulum x vietnemense, excellent pick up!!

I am not sure either but your guesses make sense and still a good pick up. I would be happy with that flower on such a small plant too. Anything with bellatulum in it works for me!

I know. I was surprised that no one was bidding on it.
I left my maximum bid limit before going to a movie.
When I was out of the theater, it was mine! :D

It's better than mine, yours has a more suttle color which would lead meto beleive a conco bellatulum x vietnemense or...... just most likely not straight bellatulum x vietnemense, excellent pick up!!

Yes, I got a great deal on this for sure! :clap:

The flower size is just unbelievable!

True.
These are generally ugly.
I got it with the highest hope as always, though, of course! :D

I once got Dollgoldi for 29 also. No one was bidding, either.
It is now 8 growth plant after 3 years.

Latest posts

Back