Paphiopedilum Wössner Black Wings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandacee

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum Wössner Black Wings ( rorhschildianum x anitum )

Black_Wings1.jpg

Black_Wings2.jpg

Black_Wings3.jpg

Black_Wings4.jpg

Nice pouch. Is there any clonal name on both parents?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I acquired this plant 7/8 years ago. The label was "anitum x sanderianum".
it has the smell of roth and the darkness of anitum.

It's interesting to see the progress of the line breeding on these over the years, yours is a true pioneer!! Thanks for posting!!

Very nice!! Is this a confirmed wossner black wings? Do black wings generally have a lightish patch on the tip of the 'nose' and/or lightish-coloured underneath the 'nose'? If that's true, then this one might not be a black wings. But then again --- it could still be a black wings.

Last edited:
Very nice!! Is this a confirmed wossner black wings? Do black wings generally have a lightish patch on the tip of the 'nose' and/or lightish-coloured underneath the 'nose'? If that's true, then this one might not be a black wings. But then again --- it could still be a black wings.

I don't see what else it could be but Wössner Black Wings. The result depends on the parents. It is also a first flowering, the following ones can evolve. Certainly also the variability in seedlings.

I don't see what else it could be but Wössner Black Wings. The result depends on the parents. It is also a first flowering, the following ones can evolve. Certainly also the variability in seedlings.

True! Although, I was just thinking that ----- if the original tag was misleading, and if the ID of this plant is not absolutely certain (after that) ...... then probably shouldn't label it as a Wossner Black Wings ..... due to uncertainty only. Magnificent flower though !!!!!

Last edited:
Back