Paphiopedilum vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parvi party is continuing. This is the first seedling to bloom from a windy hills flask I purchased in 2019. None of the other seedlings are showing signs of blooming yet. This one must be a real go getter. It's been open for two days. I will update the pictures if it expands more.

View attachment 32160
Achievement! Do you keep it warm?

Thanks all! I am very happy with the color and don't mind the droopy stance the more I look at it.

Achievement! Do you keep it warm?
It grows warm in the summer ...whatever northeast Ohio weather offers up. In the winter day temps are in the mid to high 70s in the day and low 60s at night. I grow them a slight bit drier in the winter.

I have a couple, and they grow OK but struggle to flower. They either blast or don't open, which is the case again this year. I have actually had these two since 2014 so I am just glad they are still alive. Most that have come through my collection died long ago.

After seeing yours, I can not wait for mine to do the same, but no sign of a bud yet……great flower.
I’m so sad that three of my vietnamenses blasted last 2 months, two of which had two spikes! Ughhhh… I think I kept it too wet… or too cold nights… oh well, next year then.

Great flowering flowering, plant and photo!😍

I was so happy that I didn’t like some species of slippers, but I fell in love with vietnamense only a month ago. There's only one stays, who I must to fall in love, delenati. 😂

Latest posts

Back