Paphiopedilum vietnamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Ed M

Finally, nearly ten years after buying seedlings from Antec Labs, I've been able to bloom a Paph. vietnamense. Flower size is four and a half inches across.

Attachments

• Paph_vietnamenseA2013a.jpg
    Paph_vietnamenseA2013a.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Paph_vietnamenseA2013b.jpg
    Paph_vietnamenseA2013b.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 95
Great Job Ed, beautiful flower, foliage and photo. Can you document how long will the flower last?

Well worth the wait! Great form and i like the pale color. How do you grow this? Looks very well grown as well.

I grow it with all my other Paphs...and with very good air movement.

The plants were not doing well for several years. A year ago I switched to a low K fertilizer and everything is perking up.

Great Job Ed, beautiful flower, foliage and photo. Can you document how long will the flower last?

Yes. It was just about fully open this past Tuesday when I took it to our local society meeting where Rick saw it. It may be fully open now, here on Thursday, but we'll see if it fills out more. I'll keep track of the days. It took a little over three months since I first noticed the bud.

really a little gem.looking the plant seem that there is a single sprout and 5 leaf ,is this right?seem a very tiny plant.
I heard in previous opinion on ST about vietnamense that suggest to cut flower until the plant have three grow,so the plant become more strong and avoid the risk of to do die the plant.
are you agree with this point of view ?is different your behavior on this point ? do you intend follow another line?.tell us something of course if you will ask the question:):)
thanks in advance ,and congrats again.
anna

Fantastic job Ed. You are probably in a very exclusive club, owning and blooming an Antec vietnamense! I know mine have past away many years ago!
Don't be a stranger, its good to see you again. Post more often if you can. I loved your plants/pictures in the past.

I love the colour on this one. Quite a distintinctive looking clone. One of the nicest I have seen.

My plant also picked up on a low k diet.

Nice Ed. I just got a seedling from Steve Arthur and have it in aquarium with fan. First time using taptalk. Don't know why I spent the money. What does it do different?

Latest posts

Back