Paphiopedilum Vietnamense - First Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, here's my first bloom of p. vietnamense, purchased from Cloud's sometime in early 2018. It got a little too much sun in 2019 which bleached and faded the leaves, but it's rebounded nicely. No new growths are visible just yet, and while there was a second bud, it's browned/blasted. Grown in orchiata, under random LEDs strips from Amazon, and the pot is ~4" diameter.
tempImage1JprZg.pngIMG_8834.jpg

Very nice! Is there anyone here who ever had it to bloom several times?As I know it usually dies slowly after blooming.Once I got one, bloomed two times and died too after 3 years.

Very nice! Is there anyone here who ever had it to bloom several times?As I know it usually dies slowly after blooming.Once I got one, bloomed two times and died too after 3 years.
Mine bloom every year, unless they don't bloom in a given year. If I occasionally lose a plant it seems to happen mid-year and not connected to blooming.

Beautiful and congrats.
I am most interested in how long the blooms lives. Any crosses I have with vietnamenese blooms only last 6-9 days for me.
Enjoy and thanks
Here's a picture from June 06 to give you an idea of how long it's been open. The pictures in the first post were taken on June 17. I was away for work June 06-17 and worried what I would come home to, but luckily it's still in decent shape for me to enjoy.
tempImage0smOLr.png

Good job…not an easy specie for me. Bloomed but blasted before opening…New growth struggled, old growth died. Two years later the new growth actually looks healthy.
Thanks! I was worried about the bud blasting after reading about people's experiences with this species, and I have a micranthum that last bloomed in 2012, blasted in 2018, blasted again in 2019, and I'm still waiting with hope...

Hi Everyone, here's my first bloom of p. vietnamense, purchased from Cloud's sometime in early 2018. It got a little too much sun in 2019 which bleached and faded the leaves, but it's rebounded nicely. No new growths are visible just yet, and while there was a second bud, it's browned/blasted. Grown in orchiata, under random LEDs strips from Amazon, and the pot is ~4" diameter.
View attachment 28452View attachment 28454
Nice color.

This is a beautiful Paph. vietnamense. In my eyes the flower is above the average and the patterns of the foliage is great......but I would have removes the withered leaves before taking a photo.

Beautiful and congrats.
I am most interested in how long the blooms lives. Any crosses I have with vietnamenese blooms only last 6-9 days for me.
Enjoy and thanks
This pic was taken on July 02, when the left petal started to droop. The flower has now mostly browned. It lasted 3-4 weeks.,

Attachments

• IMG_8946.jpg
    IMG_8946.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back