Paphiopedilum vietnamense ‘Halo Be Thy Name’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In our shared breeding program to maintain the species conservation and to create superior genetic potential, ‘Halo’ was bred onto by pollen graciously donated by PaphParadise of their best vietnamense named ‘Claret’ AM/AOS (87 points) that has great shape and deep color pouch.

See ‘Claret’ pic below that was graciously given permission for me to use by the talented AOS photographer Ramon de los Santos.

I think a perfect match!!

BE2493A1-008D-40F3-A104-55443A0DFB6F.jpeg

In a few years, they should be available to sell by PaphParadise.

In our shared breeding program to maintain the species conservation and to create superior genetic potential, ‘Halo’ was bred onto by pollen graciously donated by PaphParadise of their best vietnamense named ‘Claret’ AM/AOS (87 points) that has great shape and deep color pouch.

See ‘Claret’ pic below that was graciously given permission for me to use by the talented AOS photographer Ramon de los Santos.

I think a perfect match!!

View attachment 36818

In a few years, they should be available to sell by PaphParadise.
Lovely! And sticking to the celestial/religious metaphors: a match made in Heaven! 😇

Second bud just opening… still needs a couple days to mature.

Unfortunately the first flower didn’t take the pod from Claret. Will attempt again on this new flower.

C3589293-CD69-4B5F-937E-FAEF4EC9DB23.jpeg5403F0C9-F907-4A8B-B3CA-1C6A373792BF.jpeg

and what happened?
I assumed that your pollen were sent out to California also?
And where did your plant come from?
Sorry about too many questions but I did not see this thread until today.
I would love to buy a flask when it becomes available!

Dear DrLeslie, apologies for the delay. Congratulations on your AM! Stunning flower and a beautiful plant. That pouch has an amazingly dark colour, that would be nice to get passed forward. That `Claret looks also good, but yours is better. To my eye or taste, perhaps only the dorsal is a bit long and pointed, but otherwise great in every way. Good luck with it and thanks for sharing/showing that with us. 🤗 😍

Latest posts

Back